In light of the COVID-19 restrictions, we thought it was important to keep you up to date and informed, including local information plus ongoing changes related to coming for an appointment at Koru.
This page will continue to be updated regularly as things change, so please come back and visit regularly for up to date advice.
KORU COVID-19 CLINIC HYGIENE PROCEDURES
In recent years, there have been a number of changes at the clinic to ensure we can maintain the health and wellbeing of our visitors and the Koru team. These changes include:
- Complimentary tea and water has been removed from the reception area.
- Our practitioners will no longer shake your hand.
- We have temporarily removed all toys and non-essential items.
- Cash has been removed from our payment options.
- We have increased the frequency of disinfecting all surfaces, including door handles, taps, light switches, seating etc.
- Changes have been made to our consultations, please see below for more information.
AS ALWAYS, OUR PRACTITIONERS AND ADMINISTRATION TEAM DO NOT COME TO WORK IF THEY ARE FEELING UNWELL.
- We will not treat any person who is currently unwell or with any symptoms that may be undiagnosed coronavirus.
- You will be unable to attend an appointment if you have been requested to isolate in conjunction with the Department of Health guidelines.
- If you have been in close contact with anyone diagnosed with coronavirus, or you are required to isolate, you will not be able attend an appointment at the clinic.
- All of our team have completed the Australian Government health professional specific online infection control training.
- Social distancing measures are in place, except where medically necessary for your appointment.
Prior to all Osteopathy consultations, you will receive a link to coronavirus screening form, which we kindly request you complete in advance.
This information will automatically update to your patient file and reduce the questioning you receive at the time of your consultation.
We may call and confirm your appointment the business day prior, to check in to see that you are well.
Currently we are discussing your current complaint and or history in the treatment room, however if local cases arise we may take this over the phone and then you come inside the building for assessment and treatment.
Please continue to wear a face mask in our clinic.
On entry, we will ask you to use our hand sanitizer, or alternatively you are welcome to wash your hands with soap in the bathroom.
We request you keep your face mask on at all times, unless we specifically ask you to remove the mask for examination or treatment purposes.
Children under the age of 12 do not need to wear a mask, however you may choose for them to do so.
At the end of your session, we remove all linen from the room and clean all main surfaces, such as chairs, examination table, door handles and desk with a medical grade (and TGA approved) disinfectant that kills coronavirus.
Click here to access our easy guide to face mask wearing and safe removal. If you would like more information regarding our COVID safe work plan, we will happily make this available for you, or you can click here: COVID SAFE WORK PLAN March 2nd 2022
Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions or concerns regarding your appointment or COVID-19.