In light of the COVID-19 restrictions, we thought it was important to keep you up to date and informed, including local information plus ongoing changes related to coming for an appointment at Koru.
This page will continue to be updated regularly as things change, so please come back and visit regularly for up to date advice.
LOCAL COVID-19 NEWS
As of July 22, 2021, we have 146 active COVID cases with 10 new cases in the last 24 hours, linked to the northern Melbourne region cluster. We are fortunate that there are no current cases or exposure sites identified in the Yarra Ranges Council region, however, we recommend you stay updated with all case exposure sites.
KORU COVID-19 CLINIC HYGIENE PROCEDURES
We remain open for Osteopathy appointments.PLEASE NOTE: Osteopathy consultations are currently proceeding online as well as face to face. The Department of Health and Human Services have provided strict guidelines regarding face to face appointments, with strict criteria that must be met.
All patients may now be seen for appointments, without the need to meet urgency criteria.Please note, we may recommend telehealth appointments in some circumstances.
There have been a number of hygiene practice changes at Koru to maintain the health and wellbeing of the Koru team and visitors, this includes:
- Complimentary tea and water has been removed from the reception area.
- Our practitioners will no longer shake your hand.
- We have temporarily removed all toys and non-essential items.
- Cash has been removed from our payment options.
- We have increased the frequency of disinfecting all surfaces, including door handles, taps, light switches, seating etc.
- Changes have been made to our consultations, please see below for more information.
As always, our practitioners and administration team do not come to work if they are feeling unwell.
- We will not treat any person who is currently unwell or with any symptoms that may be undiagnosed coronavirus.
- You will be unable to attend an appointment if you have been requested to isolate in conjunction with the Department of Health guidelines.
- If you have been in close contact with anyone diagnosed with coronavirus, or have been travelling interstate or overseas in the last 2 weeks, you are required to isolate and can not attend an appointment at the clinic.
- All of our team have completed the Australian Government health professional specific online infection control training.
- Social distancing measures will be strictly adhered to, except where medically necessary for your appointment.
Prior to all Osteopathy consultations, you will receive a link to coronavirus screening form, which we kindly request you complete in advance.
This information will automatically update to your patient file and reduce the questioning you receive at the time of your consultation.
We may call and confirm your appointment the business day prior, to check in to see that you are well.
At the time of your appointment, we ask for you to please use the QR code with Services Victoria app.
Currently we are discussing your current complaint and or history in the treatment room, however if local cases arise we may take this over the phone and then you come inside the building for assessment and treatment.
If we return to distant patient history taking, we remain in a separate office where our computer and phone will be stored.
Please don’t be alarmed, we will be wearing personal protective clothing, including face mask. If local COVID-19 cases occur, we may return to wearing a face shield and protective gown.
On entry, we will ask you to use our hand sanitizer, or alternatively you are welcome to wash your hands with soap in the bathroom.
We request you keep your face mask on at all times, unless we specifically ask you to remove the mask for examination or treatment purposes.
Children under the age of 12 do not need to wear one, however you may choose for them to do so.
At the end of your session, we remove all linen from the room and clean all main surfaces, such as chairs, examination table, door handles and desk with a medical grade (and TGA approved) disinfectant that kills coronavirus.
For everyone’s safety, we are currently not offering any massage appointments, we will inform you as this changes.Click here to access our easy guide to face mask wearing and safe removal. If you would like more information regarding our COVID safe work plan, we will happily make this available for you, or you can click here: COVID SAFE WORK PLAN 26th May 2021
Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions or concerns regarding your appointment or COVID-19.